Home

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mince Pie Spelt Cookies & a Christmas Celebration

This time of year is the most hectic and happiest month in the whole world... don't you agree? 
Christmas is come in a blinking eye & every household have their own way celebrating this wonderful moment.

Here in Indonesia, Christmas celebration often celebrated before 25 December. Most of Church have their celebration about a week before the "official" date of  Christmas.
On Sunday, we had our Christmas celebration. And guess who was responsible for holding the gear that day? Yes, it was me. :D
That was my first time using a manual mode on "moving-objects", so you must be known how nervous I was on that day. 
And you can imagine how surprise I was when I got there and saw the whole room? If it is not too dark (because the light is turn off) , then it will be to bright (because they put 2 big and tall lamp in front)
So my camera and I had to compete with the light, my "knowledge" and my 2 lens...


Even that so... Can you believe me if I tell you that I did enjoy and feel the present of God in that Christmas celebration in the middle of "terrible" situation for a photograper (wanna be) and a food blogger? 
*Sigh*... How come they related?
Well... when we as a food-blogger take a shoot for our food-scene, we do a stylist and create the mood for our picture did we? So we  take control of everything! Even we can manipulate the light!
And that moment... I can do nothing... 

Same as we have in life...
We can never in charge for our own life... even for our love ones...
But when we made the decision and give the authority to God, no mather how dark & bright or how low & high the life we face, we can be sure that He is by our side...
That... take me back in time when my 5 year old son get hit by a car 2 year ago or when the doctor tell me that I have a tumor. 
God is still by our side that time give us courage and love and hold our hand.
So the tumor is gone 1 day before the operation is held and my son recovery day by day with God mercy. 

Even if that time I sill have to face the operation and maybe my son is not survive from the accident. One thing I know... He is never leave us... never...
Because the saviour is born! That what matter...
The life after a life that we have now... that what matter...
That what Christmas all about.

And what could be more Christmas than a mince pie? A fruit mince pie!
Well... not all love this festive cookies and Jamie Oliver, the genius chef make this festive pie into a cookies! So everyone who not a fan with the pie still can enjoy this festive snack, tell me what can be more genius than that? 

So prepare you baking tray and ingredients in a minute, cause this cookies is ready in a blinking eye! ;) 

Ingredients :
  • 250 gram Unsalted Butter
  • 140 gram Sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Grated zest of an Orange
  • 1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 cup Organic Spelt Flour
  • 3/4 cup Fruit Mincemeat (made from : apple, cranberry, raisin, orange zest and juice, lemon zest and brown sugar) 

Directions :

  • Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking tray with a baking papper, set a side.
  • Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.

  • Add the egg yolk and orange juice and zest and beat again untill combine.
  • Sift in the 2 flour, beat again until just combine.

  • Add in 1/2 cup of the mincemeat and stir until the mixture is combine together.

  • With a little spoon, make a small ball shape of the dough, put on the lined baking tray.
  • Press the ball gently in the middle with your spoon.

  • Crumble (you can use your hand or a fork) the rest of 1/4 mincemeat on top of the cookies, so your cookies will looks more mouthwatering :D
  • Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes, rotate the tray halfway, lift from the oven, let it cool in the wire rack or serve warm.
  • Store in an air-tight container.
  • Enjoy! ;)


I love how this cookies just melted in my mouth. Not too chewy not too chrisp... just lovely!
This is the best Christmas fruit cookies I ever had! 
In his recipe, the chef said that you can store the dough first in a freezer and bake right on the Christmas eve or celebration, if you held one in your house :)



I always bring my camera almost everywhere I go, when I'm not in the house of course. And I'm glad that this year I'm full in charge so then I know that a room full of people can a "terrible" situation for me.
Even something and lot of things happen here and there, but when we decide to follow Him, nothing can stop us love him more and more and bless other... don't you agree?
The truth meaning of Christmas itself is in Christ! 
And Yes! 
The saviour has born!

So bake this "blinking-eye" and festive cookies... relax and enjoy your Christmas eve dinner with your love ones... and share your story...
Up there, is my story of Christmas...
What your story? :)


Merry Christmas in advance foodie... and may the Joy of Christmas belong to you and your love ones! ;) 






Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;) 


Difficulty : Easy
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Makes : 85 cookies
Adapted from : JamieOliver.com

It's on Foodbuzz #Top9 at 24Dec 2011! YaY!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and inspiring post! It sounds like you have many blessings - including your church family. Your pictures are wonderful and the cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for standing strong during this time and realizing all the blessings you have in your life. I loved that last group picture-nothing like friends and family all together.
    That tray of cookies does look like something I could not pass up-they look so tasty with the mince on top. My prayers are with you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous message in your post!!! And so full of the Christmas spirit! Merry, merry Christmas to you, my friend...I'd love to share your delicious cookies with you over a cup of tea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elies, your cheerful posts never make me guess about your tumor or your son. I'm happy to know you had a wonderful Christmas. It's great to know you this year Elies, and hope to get to know more next year. Your cookies look delicious. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Holiday spirit coming from your post and the girl singing prayers, so beautiful!
    Happy new Year to you and yours Elieslie

    ReplyDelete

Tq for yout visit - your kind comment & positive feedbaback makes me happy ;)